Bee Jarrod’s Light
In 2010, I recognized that accidental death from overdosing had become an epidemic, not just in my suburban community but across America. Taking action to save lives, two moms set out on a goal of producing a short documentary to educate young adults on the truth about addiction and the often deadly consequences drugs have. The Overtaken documentary features the reality of drug abuse as told by those whose young lives were overtaken by drugs.
Approved by school districts, featuring specialists in the fields of medicine and addiction, this film delivers accurate, up-to-date information on the type of drugs currently infiltrating our communities and educates our youth on how to avoid them.
My son Jarrod died of an overdose from a prescription drug I had never heard of until the night he died. His peers had heard of it though. Within weeks, more young lives were lost. If I knew then, what I know now, maybe my son would be here today.
We need to break the stigma surrounds drugs and alcohol. Together we will make a difference.
Read about alcohol and drug abuse so you can stay informed and educate others about the dangers of substance abuse.