My life changed in 2010. I lost my first born son, Jarrod at the young age of 19. He overdosed on a cocktail of RX drugs prescribed by the doctor I took him to for help off his addiction to weed and and opiate called, " Opana" which a dirty doctor in Rowland Heights was OVERprescribing to his friends and possibly Jarrod himself. My other son was 15 at the time. He lost his best friend and only sibling. We also lost 3 of his close friends in that same year and many more!! I soon became an advocate because these deaths are preventable!!
At first, I thought that this was going to be another video telling kids not to do drugs…boy, was I wrong!
Having REAL people share their most personal stories truly affected my students and me! The message was strong, clear, emotional, and heartbreaking, but it was definitely heard!
The 2016 Community event to spread HOPE was sponsored by Anchored Recovery. The message will be HOPE for change and we will shout ENOUGH! Another death in less than two weeks. We will have speakers, and a booth with resources for treatment options etc. THE THEME WILL BE PURPLE, OVERDOSE AWARENESS COLOR. [bscolumns class=”one_third”] [/bscolumns][bscolumns […]