Prescription drug use among American teenagers is a growing epidemic, but even more shocking is skyrocketing heroin use. 24-year-old Andrea struggled with heroin addiction for 4 years before finally getting sober.
My life changed in 2010. I lost my first born son, Jarrod at the young age of 19. He overdosed on a cocktail of RX drugs prescribed by the doctor I took him to for help off his addiction to weed and and opiate called, " Opana" which a dirty doctor in Rowland Heights was OVERprescribing to his friends and possibly Jarrod himself. My other son was 15 at the time. He lost his best friend and only sibling. We also lost 3 of his close friends in that same year and many more!! I soon became an advocate because these deaths are preventable!!